Resources to provide background information about the Senate inquiry that looked at how to better protect Australia from new invasive species.
About the inquiry
The inquiry commenced in July 2014 following a resolution of the Senate on 26 Jun 2014 that established the terms of reference. The inquiry was conducted by the Senate Environment and Communications References Committee. The inquiry presented its report to the Senate on 13 May 2015.
Invasive Species Council information
- Senate inquiry delivers compelling call to action >> (May 2015)
- Invasive Species Council submission >>
- Biosecurity failures in Australia: 12 case studies >>
- Environment Health Australia >>
- Integrating the environment into biosecurity >>
- Senate committee final report >>
- Senate committee terms of reference >>
- Senate committee submissions >>
- Senate committee home page >>