Sign up to receive Townsville Yellow Crazy Ant Community Taskforce updates
Why we need to eradicate yellow crazy ants
- Yellow crazy ants are in the top 100 most invasive species list.
- These ants have infested a 40 hectare area in Nome, south of Townsville.
- They have invaded property owners’ houses and removed native wildlife from this area.
- This infestation is near Mount Elliot, Bowling Green National Park, a sanctuary for many threatened species, including northern quolls and the black-throated finch.
- Townsville City Council is baiting to eradicate this species but your help is needed for baiting, monitoring and surveying for this species.
- Eradication is achievable with the help and dedication of the community.
Townsville Yellow Crazy Ant Community Taskforce
- Volunteers will be trained in the baiting, monitoring and surveying of yellow crazy ants.
- Our community coordinator organises the taskforce and is working with Townsville City Council.